PDR allows technicians to remove dents from vehicles without sanding or painting. The repairs are made from the inside to sculpt the damaged areas back into shape.
- PDR is cheaper than traditional dent removal and is environmentally friendly.
- It takes less time to make repairs with PDR.
- PDR can only be used for minor dents.
- PDR cannot be used if paint is not intact.
Traditional Dent Removal
In traditional dent removal, body filler is used, sanded and then painted so that the repaired area matches the rest of the vehicle.
- Sharp dents and dents where paint was damaged can be repaired.
- Larger dents can also be repaired.
- Traditional is usually more expensive that PDR.
- Traditional can decrease the resale value of your vehicle.
While PDR is great for some repairs, traditional methods are better for others. Assess your damage to decide what technique is best for you and visit http://www.coatsautobody.com/paintless-dent-removal to find traditional and paintless dent removal in Clayton area.